July 12, 2010

Finding the key to West Indian unity


By Ian McDonald

My heart has grown heavy and heavier yet in recent times, as I have contemplated what seems to be the gradual fading of the dream of West Indian unity.

I hope against hope that though the dream may be fading the underpinnings remain strong, awaiting only a fresh generation of leaders endowed with the power of a renewed vision.

To assist me in this hope I would love to see a list and analysis of the Caricom-wide institutions and productive regional organisations which without fanfare function day in and day out to the benefit of us all and without which our lives would be different and worse.

I cannot believe that if Caricom and all that it has built were to be dismantled tomorrow we would not be very substantially damaged in our respective nations’ well-being and in our daily lives.

Read full article here

No comments: